Wednesday, January 11, 2023

The Incredible Tomato Suspension Bridge Project




This was shot during the summer of 2020 when I was staying at my friend's house on their small farm, we had over 85 tomato plants and due to the drip irrigation that I set up, they had grown so large that they were about to fall over with their cages, likely destroying the plants.


So, I decided to build a suspension bridge.


I had never built a suspension bridge before, I knew the basic physics behind how they worked and I figured I had enough raw materials so over the course of a few days I cut, doug, screwed, unscrewed, tore down what I had built, rebuilt it better, and eventually had what I'm calling the 'Incredible tomato suspension bridge'


I'm very proud of how it turned out, I didn't have a post hole digger so I ended up using a Shop-Vac and a small garden shovel, which was surprisingly super effective and produced an exceptional result!


Anyway, let me know what you think.. the video is a bit long I know I'm sorry, I cut out a lot and sped up most of the video 10x


Some spots I wanted to go faster than 10x but DaVinci Resolve kept glitching out so I trimmed out a few sections.


#YouTuber #SmallBusiness #Gardening #TimeLapse #Farming #tomatoes #engineering #redneckengineering  #DIY #Canada #Ontario #SuspensionBridge

No comments:

Post a Comment